Separate and distinct from official tax receipts, gifts from individuals and organizations are acknowledged by Cal Poly. This application allows authorized users to download donor data from Advance and merge with customized college, division, unit, and department acknowledgement letters.
Gifts from Individuals
- All gifts of $500 and above from faculty and staff receive an acknowledgement letter from the President.
- All gifts between $2,000 and $4,999 are acknowledged by the Vice President for Advancement.
- All gifts $5,000 and above are acknowledged by the President.
Gifts from Corporations and Foundations
- All cash donations of $10,000 and above are acknowledged by the President.
- All Gifts-In-Kind of $100,000 and above from both individuals and organizations are acknowledged by the President.
- Never include the estimated value of any gift-in-kind in an acknowledgment letter to any donor.
In addition to University Advancement and Presidential acknowledgements, Advancement Directors, Deans, and Department Heads are strongly encouraged to write acknowledgement letters to thank donors.
For those users needing access to this application, you may request access by contacting Jonelle Thomson, Security Chair at email@example.com or 6-5860. Please note that you will not receive security access until you have completed a training session and signed our Security and Confidentiality Policy agreement.
A training curriculum has been set up for all users requesting access to this application. If you would like more information or would like to sign up for a session, contact Craig Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6-1558.